Abeer Hoque's Reviews > Slow Hands

Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly

Jan 19, 11

Read in January, 2011

"Slow Hands" by Leslie Kelly was my first ebook reading experience, which was why I chose a free (!) trashy romance that my sister promised was good. It was: I blew through 3000 plus iPod pages in a few steamy hours.

I'm used to period romances, where wide eyed innocence and ripe virginal types are a bit more believable, and so this contemporary fare with modern pop culture references is new to me. The entire plot of SH hinges on a misunderstanding that occurs in the very beginning, and is extended by confusion (on her part) and dissembling (on his). If you can forgive this conceit, and the fact that this supremely attractive and rich businesswoman and this super nice super hunk paramedic are single and have been for ages, as well as the "there is only one true love for anyone" injunction, then SH is a fun rompy ride.

The dialogue, characters, and plot development are not fantastic, but they are good enough to keep the book moving, or at least stay in the middling background enough so that you can enjoy the sexy bits. Our heroine (Maddy) is Rubenesque and luscious, which features I adore. The hero (Jake) was less interesting as I'm not bowled over by big hunky types, but he appreciates with enthusiasm. The two lovebirds spend a good amount of time in bed from the get-go, and it is deliciously described, though I (always) want more.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Hands.