Amy's Reviews > Pudd'nhead Wilson

Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain

Jan 27, 2011

bookshelves: classics
Read from January 19 to 27, 2011

A+ for Mark Twain! This is my first book that I have read by him, and I found it absolutely amazing. For one, I am not usually a fan of classic books (or maybe I just haven't really given myself a chance at them), but I found myself engaged and ready to finish this book as fast as I could.

Surprisingly, this was one of our books for English III that we had to read. I just finished it, and I just can't stop saying just how great it was. I am shocked by how Mark Twain was able to create such an amazing story. I loved the dialect even if it was difficult at times for me to read. (Definitely easier when you read it out loud.) The way he was able to depict the dialect was incredible. I enjoyed it very much.

The theme for this story was that education and environment determines a person's life and character. I think it's so true, and I love the theme. The conclusion was perfectly written. Well, everything was.

Here's to Pudd'nhead Wilson...and possibly more classic books on the way (by him or others).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pudd'nhead Wilson.

03/31 marked as: read