Sarai's Reviews > Spiral X

REASON FOR READ:.
Book Lovin’ Bitches had it available for Ebook Tour
SUMMARY (from Goodreads):

THOUGHTS/OPINION:
I am kind of mixed on this book. Half of me likes it while the other half didn’t. This book feels like a bag of contradictions. One moment Cheryl is all bad ass the next she isn’t. At the beginning there was no mention of her psychic abilities and yet they all the sudden appear in the middle of the book. There is also a lot of telling us what is going on what Cheryl is thinking instead of showing us different things. In fact a lot of the time it felt as if Cheryl was taking a step to the side to explain to us the reader what was happening then stepping back into the scene.

At other times she would break up with someone b/c she couldn’t trust them and yet she was a Hunter and wouldn’t tell anyone about that so again that walking contradiction and higher standards. I also didn’t like how everything was tied up too nicely, too neatly, too easy to explained. Cheryl is beaten within an inch of her life but yet manages to be healed in a way I don’t understand . It just didn’t work for me.

Now that being said I did still like the book. I liked the interactions between people. I enjoyed watching Cheryl be badass but throw up b/c she knew she had taken it too far. I liked the overall story and plot a drug has gotten out on the streets making people act like animals and its Cheryl’s job to figure out who is supplying it and how to make it stop. I do like Cheryl’s over all personality and she did say some funny things. Ex: It did creep me out a little bit, but my life was already a veritable smorgasbord of things which crept one out. Why not add one more. Pg. 89.

I also liked the way Vampires were explained and how they were made that was a nice twist on the story and how to kill a vamp was interesting. I did enjoy how they are formed and really liked it. And like I stated before there are a lot of multi-cultural backgrounds working in this story which is refreshing.

All in all not a bad book but not a winner for me.

Favorite Quotes:
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spiral X.