Heather's Reviews > The Winter Sea

The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley

Mar 08, 12

bookshelves: historical-fiction
Read from March 05 to 08, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Winter Sea.

03/05/2012 page 224
56.0% "I get depressed every time I have to put this book down. Boy, is it good! Love the history, love the romance. :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie From your previous comments I thought you would be giving this a 5 star rating. What made it into a 4?

Heather Hi Jackie! :) Well, at the time I made that comment on my status update I was really feeling 5 stars. But then, I don't know what happened. Soon there after I just found that I wasn't as enthralled with the story and loving it as much as I had been. It really kind of slowed down for me there toward the middle. I still really liked it, though! The ending was great. But since I was having a hard time deciding on whether to give it 4 or 5 stars, I figured that was my answer. A 5 star book leaves no question. :)

message 3: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie Ah ok. I was just wondering. I've heard so many great things about it, but you are the first GR friend who shares very similar taste to me that has read it. This one is on my top 10 challenge list. Hoping to read it soonish. :)

Heather I really think you'll like it. It was surprisingly clean...no steamfest or anything. Not that that's a bad thing. *cough* ;)

message 5: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie In other words, it was no Outlander :P

Heather Far from it. LOL! I thought I better warn you. ;D

Laura Heather, do you think this is a cozy feeling book? I'm wondering if this would be a good one for me soonish.

Laura I wonder if I'd like this. Was it hard to put down, H?

Heather Laura, I never got any notifications for your comments so I'm just now seeing them! No clue what's up with that. Anyway, yeah, I kinda felt this to be a cozy type of story. And it had moments where it was hard to put down. Some slow moments too, though. Overall, I really enjoyed it. A nice romantic HF when you are in the mood for that sort of book. Definitely worth a try, I think.

Laura Ok, thanks!