Lacy's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Caris Roane

May 19, 11

bookshelves: vampires, paranormal-romance, special-gift-powers, bond-mates, psychic-empath, psychologist, pyschic-telepathic, hunters-slayers, angel-like, good-vs-evil, brotherhood-warriors, interdemensional-worlds-travel, hunters-warriors-protectors
Recommended for: Lovers of paranormal romance with suspense, action, warrior brothers and bond mates
Read from February 28 to March 14, 2011 — I own a copy

4.5 stars. I really liked this book. It captured my interest, imagination, and emotions and kept me reading from the very start.

I really am sucked in and have been fighting sleep at night to read it. I think the series has a lot of potential. In some ways it's very original and in others it is similar to other brotherhood warrior books. But it's definitely holding my attention, which doesn't happen often. :) I love the characters and the world she's created is really interesting.

It has a lot of cool action scenes, it's intense, a little dark, and the romance is sweet, steamy, and intense. So far BDB and the Sentinels are the only warrior brotherhood books I've read completely. It's not at that level yet, but it has the potential to be, I think, for me.

The only thing that I'm not liking is her focus on a particular character (bad guy) but not on the pivotal one. But I think it's intentional foundation laying for the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

03/05/2011 page 35
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) You have me dying to read this now, Lacy.

Lacy Oh boy! I hope it lives up to the hype. :) I'm loving it so far though.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I think it will, and if you like a book, it's not what I consider hype.

Shawna I'm curious about this, but there are so many PNR series. I didn't want to get hooked on yet another one. Do you think I'd like it, Lacy?

message 5: by Lacy (last edited Mar 14, 2011 11:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lacy Shawna,

Since you've read a lot of those series, your expectation might be a little higher, but I do think it's worth a read. You might hold off until after Danielle reads to get an additional viewpoint. Just know that they are warrior vampires, but have some angel-like traits.

Sorry for the long response. Did this help at all?

I'm going to post a review, because I seem to have a lot to say about his one.

Shawna Okay, WOW! That sounds really good! I think I need to read this before the second book comes out in April.

And yes, very helpful. Thanks! *hugs*

message 7: by Lacy (last edited Mar 14, 2011 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lacy Oh, no the pressure! I hope you and Danielle do end up liking it.

The second book comes out in April? Awesome. I won't have to wait long. :)

Shawna LOL! No pressure, I promise! :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Shawna you might get to it first. If you and Lacy both love it, I'm sure I will also!

Shawna I don't know 'cause my TBR for March and April is out of control! LOL!