Cole Riann's Reviews > Slow Bloom

Slow Bloom by Anah Crow

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: m-m, m-m-contemporary, m-m-may-december, m-m-sexy-to-the-999, rereads
Read from November 10 to December 28, 2011

This is one damn sexy book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Bloom.

05/30/2011
12.0% "Ricky and Jack are really sexy together!"
11/14/2011
47.0% "On my first re-read. I love this book!" 21 comments

Feliz I hear you, mate!

Cole Riann Feliz wrote: "I hear you, mate!"

So totally hot, yeah?

Lauraadriana Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP

Reggie LOL!!! You finally read this, about time! LOL Very HOT! Very entertaining. Glad you enjoyed it.

Cole Riann Reggie wrote: "LOL!!! You finally read this, about time! LOL Very HOT! Very entertaining. Glad you enjoyed it."

I know, finally! I've had it forever and was in the mood for something slow and sweet.

message 6: by Cole (last edited May 31, 2011 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Lauraadriana wrote: "Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP"

LA, we tend to like a lot of the same books, but just before you decide to read this one you need to know a few things: 1) It's called Slow Bloom because it is VERY slow moving, with only the relationship to edge the plot along; 2) it is 130,000 words -- which is a lot for a slow book; 3) about 90% of the book is sex (its incredibly great at furthering the plot, but it can still get repetitive depending on how much you like that); 4) it is a may-december story with a HUGE age gap (Ricky is 18-19 and Jack is 48-49); and 5) it is BDSM, though its mostly in Jack's past and only crops up here and there in the bedroom. It's really sweet and cute, and I think for once the actions of the secondary characters are not waaaaay over the top (just imagine having to tell your parents about your boyfriend who is older than they are -- and that isn't a spoiler cause duh, that's obviously going to come up at some point!). Anyway, I love Anah Crow and Dianne Fox's contemporaries (and AC's standalones), and I loved Stepping Stone, which is a lot like this one in style, though that was waaay angstier. Just depends on your mood I suppose. But, yes, this was a good read, and had some of the most sweltering sex I've read in a while :)

Lauraadriana Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP"

Babe, you had me at ...90% of the book is sex LOL...This sounds good, I love books that take their time in evolving the relationships, I like the age difference stories a lot, and when is a little kinky ever a bad thing :O) I think I'm gonna read it!

message 8: by Cole (last edited May 31, 2011 01:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP"

LOL, that's good cause you get TONS of it. The kink part of the story is really good actually, and I don't know if I've ever read a story where the characters are so suited for each other, no matter the age gap. I hope you like it! I have it on Kindle if you want to borrow :) edit: Well, maybe not, I must have given it out already. Sorry sweets!

Lauraadriana Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP"

Thanks sweetie, I'll hit you up for it as soon as I can get free tomorrow, I HAVE to actually do some work and must avoid temptation until I get stuff done...but I'll send you a note when I can read :O) I

message 10: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP"

K, babes, just let me know. I'm CST in the US right now, and I tend to sleep late and stay up late. So, that means you'll probably be halfway done whenever I start :)

Yoshi LA, Cole is right, the story is really slooooooooooow moving.
I had the feeling that half of it can be deleted. Yes, the sex is totally hot, but I don't think it's 90% of the book, maybe a little bit less :-) Anyway, the sex scenes were very good written. There's even a scene which the young boy did drag, wow!

message 12: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Yoshi wrote: "LA, Cole is right, the story is really slooooooooooow moving.

Lauraadriana Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP"

LA, we tend to like a lot of the same books, but just befo..."

Okay so I'll read Slow Bloom tomorrow...and then we can read the Jasper Lane book...Friday?? Later, we can figure out when we both can read at the same time, so we can chat a bit :O)

message 14: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Damn sexy you say?? Must read this one then :OP"

LA, we tend to like a lot of the same books, ..."

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to it :)

Lauraadriana Cole wrote: Yeah, that was totally hot. I was surprised cause I'd never found that hot before. Oh man, I'm blushing
Yoshi wrote: Yes, the sex is totally hot, but I don't think it's 90% of the book, maybe a little bit less :-)

You're both big teases...

Yoshi Yeah.... that drag scene was so hot that it totally worth to read such a long book... LOL

message 17: by Cole (last edited May 31, 2011 01:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Yoshi wrote: "Yeah.... that drag scene was so hot that it totally worth to read such a long book... LOL"

Totally. There were three of them too ... though I'm pretty sure I know the one you're thinking of, and it was very presidential ;)

LA, sorry sweetie. You'll just have to read the darn book :(

Yoshi I have read the book in last year, I can't remember much. There were 3 drag scenes? Oh.. I need to go back to read them now LOL

message 19: by Lauraadriana (last edited May 31, 2011 01:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lauraadriana Cole wrote: "Yoshi wrote: "Yeah.... that drag scene was so hot that it totally worth to read such a long book... LOL"

You guys are terrible! I need to finish this Mormon book and get some sleep...Maybe I'll just take a peek tonight...Just skim to the hot sex scene in with boys in drag :O)

message 20: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Yoshi wrote: "Yeah.... that drag scene was so hot that it totally worth to read such a long book... LOL"

Don't worry, about 30 seconds in and there will be sex, and its a hot scene too!

message 21: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Yoshi wrote: "I have read the book in last year, I can't remember much. There were 3 drag scenes? Oh.. I need to go back to read them now LOL"

Yes, the first one at Halloween, the second at Jack's BDay, and the third is a little one at the end (Ricky's present from Jack on his BDay). Enjoy! :)

Lauraadriana Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Yoshi wrote: "Yeah.... that drag scene was so hot that it totally worth to read such a long book... LOL"

Totally. There were three of them too ... though I'm pr..."

Mormons!!! Must finish reading the Mormon book...

Did you start Sinners and Saints babe?? I felt like the first chapter stalled, threw me off a bit...It's really lovely though specially the MCs

message 23: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: "Cole wrote: "Yoshi wrote: "Yeah.... that drag scene was so hot that it totally worth to read such a long book... LOL"

Totally. There were three of them too ... ..."

LOL, no I can't stop gabbing on here. Okay, I'm off to read!

Reggie OOh, You all are great!! ROFL
Yes this is long. The pacing made sense when someone mentioned this was released as a serial first. It was a year in the life of... so that made sense. But it was a wild ride!! In all types of ways! LOL

Reggie OOh, You all are great!! ROFL

message 26: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Reggie wrote: "OOh, You all are great!! ROFL

Oh, really? A Serial? That makes a lot of sense. I'm glad you told me that, it explains quite a bit about the book!

Yoshi THAT is the reason.... I think the story is very good but it was so long and slow pace that I gave it only 3 star.

message 28: by Cole (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cole Riann Yoshi wrote: "THAT is the reason.... I think the story is very good but it was so long and slow pace that I gave it only 3 star."

Yes, even though I loved it, I can see how it would work much better that way. Then the pace would have been less monotonous at times.

Yoshi Yeah, then we will have 95% sex in the book :-)

Lauraadriana Yoshi wrote: "Yeah, then we will have 95% sex in the book :-)"

Ahhh just started it, at 1%,yep these boys move fassstt, and you guys didn't tell me Jack is crazy...LOL he's so funny!