Natalie's Reviews > How Mirka Got Her Sword

Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: 1-10
Recommended to Natalie by: Suzette Kunz
Read from January 17 to 19, 2011

Hereville is just another book about a young Jewish girl who wants to fight dragons, trolls, and become a hero. No really, all Mirka wants to do is fight dragons, which is really unusual for an eleven year old girl in an all Jewish community. Her sister gets after her about getting her head out of the clouds, starting to act her age, getting ready and worrying about marriage. Mirka has to think of her family after all, they are close; she has several siblings and a sister getting close to the age of marriage. Mirka has other plans, who cares about marriage when there are dragons to slay, people to save and a sword to win?
This is the first illustrated book that I have read and it’s in a comic book style set-up. At first I was a little wary and unsure because as a child I never got into comic books or illustrations, graphic design, etc. I was happily surprised by this book and learned to enjoy seeing and reading about a brave young girl and her adventure.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Mirka Got Her Sword.