Katrina Mills's Reviews > Match Me If You Can

Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Jan 23, 11

it was ok
Read from January 22 to 23, 2011

I was excited for this book for about the first half. I mean, it starts with a homeless drunk guy being passed out under her car and having to coax him out with an open can of beer. What a great beginning. However, as I got about mid-way through the book I started to wonder if SEP was running out of things to write, which was even more frustrating since this book is hella-long compared to her other ones.
Annabelle, the heroine, is a great character and she is real so I love her. She has a lot of playful banter with the male lead, Heath, that makes reading their encounters enjoyable. But instead of getting on with it and reading about endless sexual encounters the two have after their first rendezvous.... you have to read about like three missed opportunities for them to get together! In addition, she was a matchmaker for him and was still fixing him up with other women after their one-night fling! I don't think, regardless of the way SEP wrote it and the main characters reasons that she would do that. I found that irritating.
I felt the story was written in a different fashion than the other four SEP books I have written. I don't believe that was for creative purposes, but I had read on SEP's website that this was the last of her Chicago Star's books and she really felt as though she should have stopped with the stars series after This Heart of Mine. I think she was having to dig pretty deep to get things written down for this book and I felt very disconnected with it by the time I finished it.

On the plus side.... you get to reunited with a whole bunch of couples from former stars books and that was kinda nice.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Match Me If You Can.