Lynette's Reviews > How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food

How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman

Jan 19, 11

We got this book after really enjoying the non-vegetarian book (How to cook everything) by Mark Bittman. One thing I really enjoy about this cookbook is that I am continually surprised by how much I am learning about cooking by reading the little tidbits hidden throughout the book. For example, if you freeze tofu for several hours (can be frozen for up to several months), it will eliminate some of the water upon use which makes it easier to cook with. Who knew? Not me. It has very simple recipes for single things like how to cook rice or make refried beans. However, it also includes main dishes, salads, etc. I also like the idea of reconceptualizing vegetarian meals as many smaller/lighter main courses instead of one big main dish. This re-thinking of what's for dinner has made it easier for me to plan a meal with no meat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.