Blandine's Reviews > Twitterature: The World's Greatest Books Retold Through Twitter

Twitterature by Alexander Aciman

Feb 05, 11

bookshelves: english
Read from January 19 to February 04, 2011

Twitterature is good fun and obviously not to be taken seriously. Overall, I enjoyed this book and it cracked me up quite a few times, although it remains uneven for obvious reasons. The first one is that naturally, not every single tweet is hilarious so you have to keep reading until the one which will make laugh comes up. The second reason is that when you don't know the original classic, 80% of the humour is gone. Unfortunately, there were several books I didn't read out of the twittered ones, so these I read through quickly or even fully skipped. My favourite twitterclassic was 'The Great Gatsby', I believe, just for the "This guy knows HOW TO PARTTTTTTY!!!" (or something along those lines) tweet.

Moreover, Twitterature is obviously not a novel so you don't sit down and read through it entirely. It is on the contrary the kind of books you have in your bag or by your bed and from which you'll read a few pages at a time when you have to wait for something/-one or are bored.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twitterature.