Sonya's Reviews > Anchored

Anchored by Rachel Haimowitz

Feb 02, 11

bookshelves: alt-universe, m-m, non-con, slave-fic, nobleromance-com
Recommended to Sonya by: DL
Recommended for: anyone who likes slave fic
Read on February 02, 2011

** spoiler alert ** 3.5 stars. I wish this book had been longer. I enjoyed the way the author was flushing out the relationship between Daniel and Carl and I wanted more. The author did a great job of making me feel the fear and anxiety Daniel felt as a slave and the confusion he felt when Carl did not give him defined guidelines for their arrangement. This story was well written but there were some inconsistencies that kept pulling me out the book. Carl's personality and the abuse by Foster seemed at odds with the rules of the world. Carl should have been much stronger and should have known that a new slave needed the rules spelled out instead of just grunting and throwing things when things didn't go his way. I was shocked on the amount of abuse Foster did to Daniel only because Daniel was "bought and paid" to be a companion slave and would have to go back to the buyer. If Daniel's lease brought in 6% of the station's revenue then the punishment should not have been as physically demanding as it was depicted. That was a huge inconsistency for me. I wanted more romance between Daniel and Carl because it was implied that Carl leased Daniel for reasons more than sex. This disappointed me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anchored.