Nikki's Reviews > A Shore Thing

A Shore Thing by Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi

Jan 24, 11

Read from January 20 to 22, 2011

When I read the summary, I was surprised that the book wasn't Snooki rehashing what had happened throughout the seasons of Jersey Shore. Instead, it's about Gia, who is so obviously based on Snooki, and her cousin Bella, who seems to be a little bit like JWOWW. The two go down to Jersey Shore, rent a beach house, get jobs, meet gorilla juiceheads, party, and that's about it.

Some of the chapters were painful to get through. I found the Bella chapters to be pretty excruciating until the end, and in one chapter, I was actually trying to remember where I had put the receipt. Thankfully, most of the chapters featured Gia, and those weren't bad. I could imagine everything that Gia said coming out of Snooki's mouth which made the book more entertaining.

I didn't really like how the men were portrayed in the book. It was one extreme or the other. Either the men were calling them worthless sluts, or they fell in love with them and imagined marrying the girls. Mostly though, it was the former. I finished the book thinking that I would never want to go to Jersey Shore without a man, which I know is ridiculous, but it was really a bad portrayal of men.

The book was very repetitive. Gia and Bella worked, then partied, and repeated the same thing everyday. Also, the ending was a little cheesy, and almost called for a sequel that I'm sure we'll see in a year.

Overall, it was light, entertaining reading. Perfect for a Jersey Shore fan. It's not a literary masterpiece, but I enjoyed reading the book, and I definitely enjoyed telling my friends about the ridiculous things that happened in it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Shore Thing.

01/20/2011 page 52