Leslie (Working for the Mandroid)'s Reviews > Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley

2204710
Jan 19, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: comics, fiction, own
Read in October, 2010

After loving the movie so much and wanting to read the books, I finally dived in. These are perfect little books to carry around with you and read while waiting for doctors' appointments or when you're getting your oil changed. With that said, most of these characters aren't the most likable people I've ever read about, but the art is fun and the incorporation of video game, movie and comic references are great for a geeky person like me to hunt for.

Scott Pilgrim himself is kind of a whiny douche and even after reading all seven books, I don't get the appeal of Ramona, but Wallace Wells and Kim Pines make up for them by being sarcastic and entertaining. Even Knives Chau and Young Neil kept me happily entertained.

Overall, I would recommend. It's a very quick read and generally entertaining, not to mention it fills in some holes that the movie lacked explanation for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.