Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Silver-Tongued Devil

Read from December 02 to 03, 2011

*Rating* 4.0
*Genre* Urban Fantasy

*Review*

Silver-Tongued Devil, the 4th book in the Sabina Kane series, has alot of important issues for Sabina to resolve. Sabina is really forced to dig down deep and find out who she really is. Is she the so-called Chosen one, or another version of Lilith? Or, is she the dark vampire assassin she was before she realized that her own race betrayed her and why is Cain so obsessed with her?

Her relationship with Adam is severely tested at times because of an earlier relationship she hid away from him, as well as her struggling attempt to help Maisie get over her issues with killing their grandmother and the fact that Maisie seems to have almost given up on life altogether.

Giguhl goes from a wise cracking side-kick, to a serious weapon to have at her side when thing come unglued and an important character falls by the wayside. At times, however, his antics are annoying and had me rolling my eyes in a negative way.

New characters are introduced to the series, while series regulars fight for their very lives to remain alive with what could be the final battle between good and evil. There is even an entire scene with Roller Derby girls involving vampires, weres, and fae women with Giguhl as the coach! I am not kidding.

Eventually Sabina gets involved and her ugly side rears its head. I guess you could say that her life has been thrown for a loop with everything that is happening with her sister and with her relationship with Adam.

One of my favorite characters by far is Rhea who is Sabina’s mentor as well as Adam’s aunt. She is spunky, intelligent, and loyal not only to Maisie, but Sabina and Adam as well. For those who have followed this series from the onset, you will love the way she comes to life after a tragedy hits and she ends up going toe to toe with one of the dark races leaders in order to protect and support Sabina. Priceless.

I do have a negative to relate, and I sincerely hope that Orbit's editors catch it before the book releases. There are more than a few editing errors that are more than glaring to an avid reader.

It appears that Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane #5) which releases June 7th, 2012, will be the last book in the series.

ARC Accepted 12/01/2011, releases on January 1st 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver-Tongued Devil.

12/02/2011
31.0% "I am in stitches with Giguhl's antics and snarky commentary with not only Sabine, but with Mac and Georgia. I kind of feel a bit of pit towards Maisie though. Definite signs of major PTSD happening here." 4 comments