Nerine Petros's Reviews > My Hot Muse

4201173
Jan 27, 11

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from January 18 to 25, 2011

3.5 stars. My Hot Muse is a novella length short that manages to pack some serious heat within a few pages. Well worth a read for the blush worthy, believable lust alone, this story also contains a strong, yet almost cheeky, story line.

Since it is written in the first person, I was immediately pulled into the mind and thoughts of Sean, as he and Raj attempt to prepare for Pre-Finals. Initial impressions are of a smart, slightly withdrawn young man as his thoughts are drawn to lusting over Raj whilst watching the man pace. It's clear straight away that Sean has a flame for Raj, and has had for awhile.

Through Sean's eyes, we come to see Raj as a slightly studious, yet still gorgeous and studly Indian. Sean manages to paint a picture of a graceful, exotic man with flowing movements that appear to be poetry in motion in time to exotic Bengal music. Sean knows Raj is into guys. Sean also understands the traditional background Raj hails from, never letting true feelings be known for fear of falling too far and being hurt too deeply when Raj will need to leave.

This all falls to the side, though, as the temptation proves too much and Sean suggests a nude sitting. The hunter becomes the hunted in this lustful embrace as Sean falls for the bait and straight into this determined virgin's waiting arms. A wonderful peep into the shared dorm room of Sean and Raj, I'd recommend this to anyone who likes a steamy short or college based story, written in a contemporary style. Nx.

Note: Review written for Queer Magazine Online.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Hot Muse.