Emily Eastman's Reviews > Hawksong

Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Jan 18, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 25 to 28, 2011

What a great and quick book! This book was amazing! Some reasons I liked this book are the characters were great, the plot kept you always excited, and it was clean!

First the character in this book were phenominal! Zane the mysterious cobra keeps you on the edge of your seat for half of the book. Is he sincere? Does he love her? Is he planing something? Zane reminds me a lot of Peeta from the Hunger Games. At first he's all show for the cameras, trying to put on the charade that he's in love with Katniss, only to find he really does love her. Danica brings that safe element to the story. She's the cautious one, the smart one, the one that's always helping others. Dancia is a beautiful yet tough queen.

Secondly the plot in this book always kept you excited. There were twists and turns thrown in there that got you wondering. Zane and Dancia's romance keeps you excited. You are always waiting to know what will happen next, never stuck in a boring spot that's more of a chore to read then a joy.

Lastly and most importantly, to me at least, this book is clean!!! Even though Danica and Zane are married, you do not as a reader, get thrown into any explicit sexual scenes or any scenes at all as a matter of fact. There is very little cursing as well. I think Zane says the d-word three times and that's it. There aren't any of those swear words just thrown in for the heck of it and that's awesome. I hate when books do that! This book is definately one of the cleanest teen romances I've ever read!

In conclusion this book has great character, an amazing plot, and it's clean. If you love to read you should give this book a chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hawksong.

05/28/2016 marked as: read