Anne Osterlund's Reviews > Inside Out

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Jan 26, 11

Trella is the Queen of the Pipes. Capable of climbing places where NO ONE else can go on the Inside. Not her fellow scrubs, forever hemming her in, or the uppers—the exalted upper level inhabitants who think they control the scrubs. No one controls Trella.

Because she doesn’t connect.

But the chance to find Gateway. The chance to escape the Inside.

THAT is a challenge Trella can’t turn down.

A challenge that matters to everyone on the Inside. Enough for people to risk their lives. The workers in the cafeteria. The old acquaintance who accepts torture. The profit who winds up in hiding. The young man who breaks through Inside’s social class barriers to help her.

But can putting their faith in Trella possibly be worth it?

Loved this! Prison Break meets—dare I say it?—Academy 7. After Poison Study, I think this is my second favorite Maria V. Snyder book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inside Out.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amber (Books of Amber) How are you liking it so far? I read this at the beginning of January, and completely fell in love with it!

Anne Osterlund Hi Amber,

Enjoyed it very much! Just posted the review.

Anne
(who just found out her second book, Academy 7, is an Oregon Book Award finalist)

Vanessa Congratulations!

Anne Osterlund Thank you, Vanessa! Dane, Aerin, and I are thrilled.

message 5: by Alyssa (new) - added it

Alyssa Congrats, Anne! That's such awesome news!

message 6: by Esther (new)

Esther I will totally read this! thanks!

Anne Osterlund You're welcome. Hope you enjoy!

message 8: by Foggygirl (new) - added it

Foggygirl I have added this one to my to-read list

message 9: by Makenna (new) - added it

Makenna Thanks for recommending this--I'm definitely going to search it out as soon as I can!

message 10: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie Thanks for the recommendation, Anne. I hope to read it soon. By the way, I loved Aurelia!

message 11: by Bookbitten1 (new)

Bookbitten1 I read this one a few months ago and loved it! I have to start reading Poison Study soon as I've heard so many good things about it. I actually scored a ARC of the next one called Outside In which I'm halfway through! Love it so far. As good as the first one!:)

message 12: by Makenna (new) - added it

Makenna Stephanie wrote: "Thanks for the recommendation, Anne. I hope to read it soon. By the way, I loved Aurelia!"
OMIGOSH ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!

Laura Thank you so much for reccomending this to me. I don't know if I would've found it without your reccomendation, and I loved it. So thanks!!!!

message 14: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne Osterlund Hi Stephanie and Mackenna,

Aurelia, Robert, and I are very glad to hear it! We hope you enjoy the sequel!

Hi Laura,

You're very welcome. I love recommending books (as you can probably tell, LOL)