Melanie's Reviews > Boneshaker

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

Feb 19, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, steampunkery, borrowed-from-library, favorites, scrumptious-books
Recommended for: Lovers of steampunk and strange and interesting books
Read from February 07 to 11, 2011, read count: 1

Zombies, large guns, air ships, apocalyptic setting- how could you not love this book?

Boneshaker, is a book about a 16 year old boy zeke who crosses the wall into the old Seattle where poisonous gas turns people into zombies, where his grandfather is a hero and his father the most hated man. Zeke's father is the reason the poisonous gas is even inside the city when his trial run of his invention goes haywire and tears up the city letting the gas seep out from the earth. His grandfather is famous for defying orders and letting prisoners out of their cells, when he was told to leave them and let the gas get to them. Zeke goes to find out more, if his father really was the villain every one has made him out to be and why his mother wont talk about either his father or grandfather.

Brair is zekes mother and the only one left to blame for the mistakes of her husband, she is the only one who can go over the wall in hope of bringing her son back alive, and the only one who can tell him what really happened the day the Boneshaker destroyed so many lives.

I LOVED this book!
I loved this adventure, the whole idea of the underground city that lies beneath the poisonous surface world of old Seattle. This action packed book kept me guessing and hooked till the end.

there where a few thing I wished for. for one thing MORE Rotters (zombies). I would have liked for them to play a bigger part rather then just turning up here and there and occasionally sent as weapons to other survivers. I also wish that she had explained the china men and the crows a bit more, the characters act like they are a big deal but we are given no facts or explanations about them.

other then these few flaws I felt the main and side characters where interesting with their small back stories and connection to either Zeke's Father or Grandfather.

All in all I would recommend this book to lovers of steam-punk and those in search for a great adventure story.
Can not wait for more from this series.

Melanie
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boneshaker.

02/07/2011 page 103