Martina the Book Fairy's Reviews > Hex Marks the Spot

Hex Marks the Spot by Madelyn Alt

862023
Jan 18, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, clairvoyant, girl-next-door, magic, murder, mystery, psychic-powers, small-town-usa
Read in January, 2011

This series is more mystery with a bit of romance & paranormal tossed in than true PNR. Fans of Victoria Laurie will also like this series.

In this book, our protagonist, Maggie goes with her boss to the local craft fair where they fall in love with a armoire crafted by a stunningly attractive Amish man. A man who, later that evening, turns up dead. When a folk magic hex sign is found near his body, Maggie and friends begin working to unravel the mystery of his death . . . but Maggie's on-again, off-again boyfriend, the hunky local detective is suspicious that this is the third murder in 6 months that Maggie shows up at.

These are cute books and fun to read. I'll definitely keep it up. As of this time (Jan 2011) the next three are already on my bookshelf. A seventh book is currently out in hardcover, and an eighth book, In Charm's Way, has been written but doesn't yet have a release date.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Marks the Spot.