Erin Ashley's Reviews > Everlasting

Everlasting by Alyson Noel

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: immortals, romance
Read from June 27 to July 03, 2011

Alright, so first of all what I have to begin this review by saying is: I AM SO GLAD THIS SERIES IS OVER.

I say that for me personally because this series was a real drag. I loved the first two books and the third was kind of alright too but from the third onwards it all became about one thing: finding the YAY-we-can-finally-have-sex potion. Honestly, I know that sex and love go hand in hand, deep personal connections, finally and truly getting to be with the one you honestly love more than anything, but it really got out of hand. It was fine that that was an obstacle that Ever and Damen had to overcome, I would have enjoyed it a lot more if that had of been one of the obstacles and then moved on to something else. But no. This book was all about that, UNTIL, Ever had another choice to decide upon. Then it sort of got interesting, then it lacked again and then I was bored again.

Believe me when I say, Alyson Noel waffles. I skipped at least 30 to 50 pages, skimming very briefly at words and still knew what was going on throughout the book. I put off finishing this book because I wasn't enjoying it so much, so I sat down and tried to finish it today but found that I had to skip so much because it droned on and on. I finished it in an hour and a half and I still know everything that went on.

So, as much as I am bashing this book, there are some things I did actually like about it. I enjoyed the fact that Ever got another choice to decide upon, the antidote or the Tree of Life. That gave the book some more appeal. I like how there is a lot of resentment and frustration between Ever and Damen because those two are always so lovey dovey that it actually gets on my nerves. No one is that perfect, no matter how many life times you live through together. So I am glad that those two work through all that. Yes, I enojyed that they actually got their 'happy ever after', even if it took 5 books to get there.

All of the huge momentous stuff happened at the end of the book whish actually made me stop skipping pages and I took a little more time to read it. I like that Sabine now knows everything and she is happy. All in all, this series was really and truly a drag. It had its good moments and then it had it's not so good moments that made me loath ever picking up Evermore, but I just can't leave a series unfinished no matter how hard I try.

So, reader beware, if you pick up the beginning of this series, know that you are in for a drawn out ride. Not an entirely horrible series, highly likeable at times, but a very young series. Alyson Noel is a talented writer, she just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everlasting.