Mevurah's Reviews > She Said/She Saw

She Said/She Saw by Norah McClintock

Jun 07, 11

bookshelves: arc
Read from March 26 to 27, 2011

She Said/She Saw was one of the books that I was excited to read this year. I even featured it during one of my "Waiting On Wednesday" posts, in which a few bloggers commented about their excitement, curiosity, and other thoughts about this book. When I started to read, I was immediately drawn by the voice of Kelly, who is the sister of Tegan, who witnessed the murder of her two best friends, one night while leaving a party. The reader also get's to read from Tegan's POV, as she struggles with the loss of her best friends and keeping strong as she is being questioned non-stop by the police, investigators, and school mates.

What really interested me about the book is the way Kelly and Tegan's POV's were written in a matter that defined a part of their personalities. Kelly for example, states that she loves films and enjoys studying script writing, for she plans on becoming a screen writer. Her parts of the story are written in screen play format, where it seems that Kelly is talking in first person.

Tegan is said to be the novelist and her parts of the book are told in regular first person. I don't think I've encountered a book where the writing format reflects a part of the character. I really liked how the author incorporated that writing style in this book. This book was definitely a quick read and for the most part, it was actually enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She Said/She Saw.