Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > Follow My Lead

Follow My Lead by Kate Noble

Jul 22, 2011

bookshelves: own-on-paper, 2011-read-list, class-adult, genre-regency, genre-romance
Read from June 01 to 30, 2011

A great read of adventure travelling for a travel (I'd know, I read this while I was travelling around the country).

I adore Kate Noble's style, and though my all-time favorite remains Compromised, I'd had great fun reading both Revealed and Follow My Lead. I was so impressed by the latter's back-cover description that I bought it instead of The Summer of You, which actually comes first (and which I'm buying next).

The novel was so not what I expected. The characters were real and eccentric and very different from what I thought they'd be. I had a load of laughs reading about Winn's unusual choices and actions and the soonfollowing stunned reactions of one Jason Cummings. The history and geography, the real facts in the story were compelling and a good addition to anyone's knowledge of art and culture.

The best, sweetest surprise for me was the appearance of young Evie and Gail (from Compromised). I laughed hard when I figured out the time arrangement - the children made the world ironically reversed, because I thought she was building her world out of Compromised, but it turned out that her first book comes last in the time arrangement of the four-novel story.

Romantic, funny, adventurous - a sparkly read to add to my K.N. collection.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Follow My Lead.

06/19/2011 page 189
53.0% "Cute, interesting. Love Kate N., so this is a great read for me. But for now it's going for four stars."