Melissa's Reviews > Impossible

Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Jan 18, 11

bookshelves: books-i-regret-reading, meh, young-adult

I won't lie. I was suckered in by the eye-catching cover and by the plot. I've loved the song Scarborough Fair since I was a kid. Especially the Simon & Garfunkel version. It's a haunting melody, quite catchy and one of those eerie tunes you can never get out of your head. But enough about the song.

The thought of a book written about a possible curse on such a beautiful song was intriguing and I bought it straight away. I'm sorry that I did.

It was poorly-written, jumped around constantly and just ... dull. This book was reminiscent of the Twilight series and too me, that's an instant turn off. Terrible metaphors, incorrect grammar and characters that I just couldn't care about in the slightest, made it difficult to keep reading. I continued to do so anyway in hopes that it would actually pan out to be of some worth in the end.

And my dismay at this book has nothing to do with the rape scene. The rape scene really isn't that bad. It's not graphic in any sort of way. Even the Elf-rape didn't bother me. I've read many books with disturbing imagery and was still able to enjoy them. There just, sadly, wasn't anything about this book that I was able to like, aside from the cover and the idea for the plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impossible.