Karen K's Reviews > A Perfect Game

A Perfect Game by Reno MacLeod

Jan 24, 11

bookshelves: gay-athletes, ebook-owned, 50-states-in-2011, gay-drama, gay-kink-bdsm, gay-romance
Read from January 21 to 24, 2011

Really good story about a younger guy who pursues (though not for long) an older teacher who's been burned in the past. Kit is young but very much the aggressor in his relationships and it's no different with Liam who really wants to be submissive but has some bad history behind him.

Kit is a fascinating character, very multi-dimensional, appearing so young when he's in college classes and playing baseball, but then morphing perfectly into the dom that Liam really needs. I think Liam calls him an old soul or something to that effect, and it totally suits him. He's rich, spoiled, used to getting his way, not so interested in actual school and would rather be playing ball, but he's also kind, loving and vulnerable in his feelings when he lets them show. He just wants to be excepted for who he is and he's unwilling to accept anything else.

Liam is a gentle man and falls quickly for the young stud that keeps coming on to him. He's definitely submissive but he can take charge when he has to, doing so in a loving way. I think he was looking for his soulmate and he found just that in Kit.

I got a little lost in the middle of the story, maybe felt a little over-sexed, but once it continued I fell immediately back into it. The ending was about as perfect as you can get and it brought about some emotions in me that I didn't even know I had for the story and the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Game.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karen K Not really - they go to a club but don't go through with it - not much BDSM - I'm not really a fan of that either. General D/s stuff though and a few toys - bossy top. :P The characters are wonderful together and I love Jaye's writing.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I'm putting this on my wish-list.

Karen K Thorny wrote: "Oh good! I'm liking the idea of a younger guy topping an older guy ;)"

I bet you do, Thorny. :P xo