ErinReadsTooMuch's Reviews > River Marked

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

Apr 07, 11

Read from April 06 to 07, 2011

So excited to have found this on the New shelf at the library!!! I have been waiting to read this since it came out, and it was worth the wait. I love this series, it's amazing. Briggs is such a great author, and does her research. This one is a little different from the others in that the wolves take kind of a backseat, and Mercy's heritage is front and center. I love the Native American lore, and the introduction and interaction of the Animal Spirits. We find out more about why Mercy is the way she is, and her willingness to help people without being complaining or whiny about it is awesome. She accepts her role, and does her best. She is a relief from so many other female leads who get mad at stupid things, and complain too much. She is a character of action, not talk, and it's a welcome change from other authors. They go up against a foe in this one who is ancient and terrifying, and since it's in the water, Adam can't be of too much help, so it's really up to Mercy and her Native American friends and their magic. If you have read the rest of the series, you will of course, love this book. If you haven't read this series, DO IT! One of my all time favorites. :D
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Marked.

04/07/2011 page 127
39.0% "I seriously love this series!"

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kami Sweet! I have mine, but I haven't started it yet. I have so many books to read.

ErinReadsTooMuch OMG. Just finished it. READ IT! It's awesome. Goes so much more into Mercy's Native American background, not so much about the werewolves (not that I don't like the werewolves, I just like the Native American lore in this one). Awesome book.

Kami I have this other book I have to finish reading before I can start it. I wish I didn't have to work. Maybe I could call in sick and stay home and read all day. Boo.

ErinReadsTooMuch Yeah, working sure puts a cramp into reading time. I was reading 3 other books, but when I picked this one up from the library, they all took backseat.