Jade Archer's Reviews > Sharing Paul

Sharing Paul by Jade Archer

Jan 18, 2011

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: written-by-me

I have to say that writing `Sharing Paul', book three in the Portals series was magic. The entire story hit me like a bolt out of the blue while I was in the middle of writing the second book, Devon's Revenge. All of a sudden there was this guy called Paul standing in the Cat Club talking to Nate and his whole story poured out as I sat trying to work out who he was and where he had come from. Originally, I wrote the whole story as a quick little 24K Novella, mainly so I could get the ideas down before I forgot them. Then, after finishing Devon's tale I went back, refined and expanded the story and now Paul, Joshua and Matt's story is being published as a short novel! It's been quite an incredible journey for all concerned.

As with the entire Portals series, I let my imagination go a little wild with this one. I just wrote what was there in my head and my heart and let it stand as is. I can't say I've ever read anything like Paul and Joshua's experience of life, so it was a lot of fun trying to feel my way through how they live and work together - what it would be like to be two distinct people that share a body.

I really hope you enjoy 'Sharing Paul' if you decide to go ahead and read their story.

If you would like to read an excerpt please follow the link below to my website:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sharing Paul.

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-32 of 32) </span> <span class="smallText">(32 new)</span>

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* So, Paul an Joshua are the same person? Like a split personality kind of thing?

message 2: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer No, Paul and Joshua are very much two different people, they just happen to share the same body.

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Hmmm, so if there's three individuals, Paul Joshua and Matt, but only two bodies, Paul/Joshua and Matt, is that still considered an m/m/m? Or does Joshua find his own body?

message 4: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer Good question...I'm going to say m/m/m because the relationship exists between the three seperate entities...and I'm not going to spoil the suprise by answering your last question :D

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* O.O

You are such a tease!!!

Lol. Well, it certainly sounds like something new and interesting. I can't wait ^_^

message 6: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer :D Hope you enjoy it, Nikyta.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions This blurb is great I am really anxious now for this one and I havent even gotten any Devon yet

message 8: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer Thank you...blurbs are hard work. Glad this one has you interested :) I hope you still want to read the series after the little shock I give in Devon's story...trust me...it's important to the overall story arc and not just gimmick :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions You keep trying to scare me i think, I want to say I will for sure read the series but I won’t really know until after i get this little shock in Devon's.

The blurb does for sure have me intrigued and I have read a couple m/m/m books now and after the beating and rape scenes in Dynasty of Ghosts (Looksi forgot about those, conveniently when she recommended it) I think I can handle almost anything

message 10: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer Oh! That looks good. Lots of high recommendations from people I trust. I'm going to add it to my TBR pile...the never ending TBR pile :)

Hopefully Devon's little shock won't be too much for you...I very nearly tried to write the series without it, but decided to be brave and true to the story I had originally envisioned instead. I do understand that not everyone will like it though...not trying to scare you...well not much :) The next book after Paul moves to the magic uses world which I'm really looking forward to...and Wolf and Cy are making an appearance soon too :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I loved wolf and Cy that was so cute so I will have to read on just for them. I am feeling brave I wont worry about this shocking twist and will just take it like a man ;)

A warning Dynasty is long and if you are like me once you start you won’t want to stop. I didn't do anything but read it for two days had to force myself to go to bed, there were so few places where i could set it down and not have to know immediately what happened next .

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lmao. Just to let you know, I didn't rec Dynasty of Ghosts to you. It was someone else in the GB challenge... I just, you know, pushed you to read it faster :P

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I think you were the reason it was on my list in the first place

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Ummmmm....... Maybe?

Still!! You loved it anyway! If I would have told you there was a rape in the beginning then you never would have read it and that would have been a shame, wouldn't it?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions yes but it would have been nice after i started to be warned that the two guys would kidnap him, beat him, and then rape him a few times

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Well, you know my memory, it ain't the greatest ^_^

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Yeah so random thought

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions My thought was too embarrassing to share and now that i have courage i forgot what it was

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* I figured that. Lmao. No clue what the thought was?

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Something about wondering if Jade is writing for the purpose of trying to scare me. But it was more developed in my head I think but it was a random thought and it is gone now. Head is empty, problem solved

message 22: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer Challenge, Bubbles...I only ever write to challenge, never scare...I'm a huge wuss when it comes to horror. Can't hack it at all. But I love a challenge. :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i scare easy

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Well, I'll take one of your 'challenges' any day, Jade. ;-P

Your head is never empty, Bambi... It's always got something in it ;-)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Just the mushy stuff never much of substance. Its easier to be sweet if your dumb and pretty, ye?

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Eh, I wouldn't know. I'm not that sweet. Lol. :P

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions Bet that one guy says your sweet, the one you sent a picture of to us and i told you to set your brother up with him

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lol. Yeah, he'll say I'm sweet just to get in my pants... You can never listen to those types of guys and trust me, I'm a raging bitch. My family joke that I have a Category 5 hurricane temper :-/

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions lol yeah well i understand, you have told me about your mother

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Lmao. Ah, see, Bambi, you are sweet! You blame the temper on my mom, I like that ;-P

(PNR Book Lover Reviews), Babe, this does really sound AWESOME!!!
I cant wait to give it ago:-)Bring on May the 9th!! Xx