Pamela's Reviews > Dead Is Not An Option

Dead Is Not An Option by Marlene Perez

Daisy Giordano is ready to graduate high school, but several issues interfere with the joyous time. Without any of her college acceptance letters arriving, Daisy starts to get nervous about her future plans. However, a distraction shows up. A war is starting between the vampires and the shifters, but the reasons for the conflicts don’t sit well with Daisy. Plus, the war is spilling into the Giordano home, since Rose and Daisy are dating shifters, while Poppy is dating a vampire. Daisy sets out to discover what’s really going on, so that Nightshade can find peace. But, along with the stresses of finishing school, college acceptance letters, and a potential war, Daisy is also trying to find a spell that will release Lil and Balthazar from their current forms. Will Daisy succeed in all her endeavors?
I’ve really liked this series since the beginning. It’s a quick, easy read, that’s great for those who like paranormal romance/mysteries, but also for reluctant readers. So, when I saw this come up, I was very excited. However, I was a bit disappointed in this one. While I liked the twists, I wished that time would have been spent discussing/exploring what had happened. I would have also liked to have a bit more of the Daisy and Ryan dynamic, and the Daisy and her sisters dynamic.
I felt like this was definitely the end of the series, which I wasn’t totally prepared for. However, I hope she might be setting up a series of Daisy in college (that would be great). Things were resolved too quickly and without much explanation or build up. While Dead is Not an Option was a satisfying conclusion to the series, it wasn’t the best in the series.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Is Not An Option.