Simon's Reviews > The Secret of the Old Clock

The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene

Jul 14, 12

Recommended to Simon by: Samantha Pellegrino
Read from January 17 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 35

I love this book despite how old it is or how it seems very juvenile, even though Nancy is my age.
I read it for the first time back in Grade 7 and I fell in Love with the series, I have made it a mission to own all of them (including the Hardy Boys) i have only managed to read up to the 9th book however, so now with the help of this website and my own determination, I will read all of them.

I think it is safe to say that some of the crimes committed in this book, couldn't happen today due to technology and the police forces. I'm sure there are far more advanced ways of doing these things, but at times, it seems pointless.

A lost will, a missing notebook and a greedy family; make up the main conflicts that Nancy Drew faces.
The three thieves are an excellent plot twist and add a huge suspense rush. Sitting on the edge of the seat is what the result of these attributes in a juvenile mystery novel, create.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret of the Old Clock.

01/17/2011 page 12
show 7 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Clarke what is your favourite book

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Clarke ok..... i like the book nancy drew

Simon I have many

Carol I have the same ambition (to read both series) though it will take a few years to read them all.