Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Original Sin

Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

I don't know what it is about this series that makes us write our reviews in letter form, but like Sophie did w/ her review of PD, I've done w/ OS-

Dear Lisa Desrochers,

Thank you for *grabs a fan* I'm sorry, I've recently finished your sequel to Personal Demons, Original Sin and it's a little hot in here. Um, where was I? Oh yes, Thank you for writing a sequel that picks up not long after your debut left off and for spicing things up a bit. I'm sure this isn't just a book older teens will enjoy, but one their moms will as well. Wait, that came out wrong. You know what I mean. Your story has two interesting main love interests, a butt kicking female lead, and some fantastic twists with your characters and the plot. Not to mention you've definitely spiced things up a bit (a lot) to Luc's liking.

I thought you did an amazing job with integrating three different points of view for this story, and I liked getting inside the minds of your characters. Your introduction and twist to Matt definitely added to the story's plot line and something I was not excepting. I'm sure much to Luc's delight, but much to my dismay, I missed having Gabe around. Not that he's totally absent, but I missed having him around as much as he was in Personal Demons. I liked that Frannie is still the same kick butt, sarcastic character she was in Personal Demons. Hmm how do I express my thanks to Luc. No matter how hard I try to not like him as much as I like Gabe, he's a little hard not to like. I'm sure he'd say that's because he's irresistible, to which I might have to agree. Wow does he step it up a bit in Original Sin. I mean, well you wrote him so you know what I'm talking about and I won't mention specifics so I don't spoil anything, but things sure heat up...literally.

I liked how your story line kept me on my toes, and kept me guessing what was going to happen next. There were times things happened in your story that I was not excepting at all, kind of like your ending. Okay, I am still left in shock over your ending and now I'm wondering what in the world is going to happen next. With it's much hotter scenes, sensual context and mild language, this is definitely a book I'd recommend to older teens and fans who enjoyed Personal Demons.

Sincerely,
Mundie Moms

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Original Sin.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carey Man, I've been sooooo looking forward to this release. I loved Personal Demons and am so glad to here that Original Sin is just as good, if not better than the 1st. YAY!!

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids I liked it more than PD's as well. It's a darker and hotter than the first book. I'm anxious to see the direction the next book goes in. She's got a great cliff hanger at the of book 2.