Dan's Reviews > Hanging by the Thread

Hanging by the Thread by Donald B. Anderson

Jan 17, 11

bookshelves: fiction, politics
Read in December, 2010

Donald Anderson belongs to my mother-in-law's church congregation (ward) in Millville, Utah and as a result my copy of the book was personally signed by this first time author -- something that always tends to make a book more interesting to me. I'm also always intrigued by "local" authors who take a plunge into big fiction projects like this. And I like any LDS author who's willing to venture out of self help, fantasy, and LDS-historical fiction.

I read this book literally in one day. Not something I normally do, but hey, it was Christmas break. Also it is a total "page turner". The chapters are short and the story moves at a rapid pace that forces you to keep reading "just one more chapter" to see what happens next.

I'm giving the book just 3 stars because it does suffer from a bit of arealism in places. Plus some of the characters seemed a little shallow/predictable. But this is just me being picky. I would also have liked to see one of the several protagonists be female.

But overall, this was a great read, lots of fun, cleverly pulled together, and full of important lessons about the free market to which thinking people everywhere should pay close attention!

- Dan

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hanging by the Thread.