Camille's Reviews > Lilly's Wedding Quilt

Lilly's Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long

Apr 03, 11

bookshelves: amish-fiction, christian-fiction, net-galley-reviews, romance, teen, women, 5-stars
Read from March 25 to 26, 2011

Another Amish Fiction book for today.

A beautiful story, a wonderful series. Today's book is

Lilly's Wedding Quilt by Kelly Long

Lilly's Wedding Quilt is the second book in Kelly Long's series A Patch of Heaven.

I reviewed the first book, Sarah's Garden, back in January as it was the group read for Fans of Amish Fiction on GoodReads in January.

You can read my review of Sarah's Garden here.

I received an advance review copy of Lilly's Wedding Quilt from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I am under no obligation to write a positive review, just an honest one.

Now, Sarah is happily married, but the young man who has been in love with her for years, Jacob Wyse is left to recover from a very broken heart.

Lilly is on her way to a church event, when she encounters Jacob Wyse hiding in a barn where Lilly was forced to seek refuge from the horrid weather. When they show up at the church event together people begin talking, and when a police officer shows up to look for a stolen horse and question the Amish about the stolen horse Lilly vouches for Jacob saying that he was with her, even though he wasn't. As this would compromise their reputations they quickly say that they are engaged to be married.

Shortly after, Lilly and Jacob find themselves married to one another. But Lilly knows that Jacob's heart belongs to Sarah, even though she is married to another. However, she figures she can spend her life in a marriage without true love. As they get to know one another though, Lilly begins to have feelings for Jacob as she comes to understand him and how he works.

Just as things begin to look up for them as a couple, Lilly again finds herself feeling second to Sarah, and as if she can never truly be loved by Jacob.

Will Lilly be content in her marriage even if Jacob always pines for Sarah? Will Jacob ever be able to get over Sarah or will she always be his unrequited love? Or were they perhaps destined for each other, and just have to figure it out?

Read Lilly's Wedding Quilt to find out!

I was so excited to get an advance review copy of this book as I had been looking forward to finding out what happened next in the series ever since I read Sarah's Garden.

Kelly Long is quickly becoming one of my more favorite Amish fiction authors. She wrote this beautiful tale of understanding, learning to work with other, and most of all healing of a broken heart. It was easy to care about Lilly and hope that she could find love with Jacob. I felt bad for her and I think she was so relateable because who hasn't had feelings for someone that were not returned?

I also love that both Jacob and Lilly thought they could live without certain things in their marriage, like true love, but grew to find that they were wrong.

Lastly, one of the best things about this book is that it truly was "steamy". While definitely rated "G", there was more than the typical hand-holding that you will read about in Amish fiction once Lilly and Jacob began to fall in love. Kelly Long definitely writes a more edgy book than many authors. She truly captured the essence of a couple falling in love, unsure of how to act with one another and display their feelings and emotions. She was able to capture passion, emotion and desire between the couple without being explicit. It definitely made me want to have a boy of my own to kiss!

I definitely recommend this book if you love Amish fiction!

5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lilly's Wedding Quilt.

03/25/2011 page 64
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney I won this book recently but I haven't read the first book in the series yet. Do you think I can read this as a stand-alone or should I go back and read book 1 first?

Camille Stand alone is just fine!