Ayla's Reviews > Blindsided

Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings

Jan 17, 11

Read in January, 2011

I picked this book up on a whim. It's definitely not how the description says it is: what it's really about is a blind girl who is learning how to use a cane and how to read Braille.

Her acceptance of being blind is sudden and unrealistic: one fall down some stairs and suddenly she's perfectly fine with being blind. Her blindness was even unrealistic: the doctors in the book said her vision would deteriorate over time, yet her blindness seemed to come overnight. Is this a plot hole? Or did the author intend to make this shockingly abrupt? Either way, it definitely inhibited my understanding of the book.

Throughout the book, it is very unclear who she likes; Jake or the Indian guy? (I've already managed to forget his name. How 'bout that?) She and Jake only spoke around three times during the whole story, and somehow at the end, she ends up (Seemingly) liking him instead of (insert Indian guy's name here), who said she was beautiful and understood her troubles.

Three stars for a mildly entertaining plot, with confusing characters and events.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blindsided.