Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Sandpipers' Secrets

Sandpipers' Secrets by Jade Archer

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: menage, mmm, rainbow-gay, glbt, romance
Read from March 27 to 28, 2011

I loved this book!

At the beginning of the book Brody is desperate to find a job to support himself and his brother Wolf. It's really his last hope. You can feel his worries and desperation and he immediately becomes dear to you.

Lark and Zak are the owners of a restaurant and they are very much in love with each other. Lark is all energy and experimentation and enthusiasm. Zak is dark, tall and handsome, more reflective and less experimental. They are happy, but it's like there's something missing in their lives, something they can't figure out.

When Brody is employed by Lark and Zak, the three men are a bit confused by the attraction they feel for each other. Brody likes both Lark and Zak, he admires the different traits of their personality, but he also knows he can't lose his job and he doesn't want to mess with the two men and cause problems. He envies their love, because since when he began to take care of his brother, he neglected his personal life. He has never really been loved and that's everything he wants, to be loved and cherished.

Lark and Zak have each other, but they can't deny they want Brody. Their desire for the younger man doesn't feel like a betrayal to the other, it's like the two of them have love to give freely away. Brody is very reserved and they would do anything to make him happy, because they can see something is bothering him. But Lark and Zak have their own problems and they are threatening their lives.

The three men complete each other, because it seems Brody is the missing link between the two. He is probably the character about whom the reader worries the most, because he's had an ugly past and he's struggling to make his life better. Lark and Zak's love is a balm to his wounds. I loved that he didn't want to involve the others in his problems, but he tried to take care of himself and his bother with as much dignity as he could retain, even knowing that the others would be glad to help him. Lark is the one who sets everything in motion, always reaching out either to Brody or to Zak to make them speak, to soothe them and bring them together. I think Brody's personal situation and Lark's energy overshadowed Zak. He is the rock in the relationship, the big guy with a golden heart.

Wolf, Brody's little brother, is a sun that shines bright and makes us smile. He melted me.

The story is very sweet and the three men are great together. I loved that Lark and Zak made room for Brody in their life and in their bed and I never felt Brody was a stranger between them. The story has just a little amount of angst and drama, but I think the tension for me came from Brody's reluctant behavior, because he wasn't a very forthcoming narrator. It's a book I highly recommend, even to those who are afraid of menage, because it's a very engaging story. And sweet, I don't know how many times I told this.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandpipers' Secrets.

03/27/2011
20.0% "I am loving it! They are all confused right now :)"
03/28/2011
76.0% "Lark's been hiding something too!"

Kitty Purr I loved that too :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions i am so glad you like it and wrote a great review... Jade is a great author

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ I'm looking forward to read the book you recommended to me for the challenge :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions which one? i recommended so many of her books...

My new favorite though it Treacherous Sun (Nu Hayven Chronicles, #1) by Jade Archer

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

you write the best reviews!

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Dane: Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1) by Jade Archer

Aaaww, thanks Heather. Smooches Leighton. :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions oh I love Ethan he was my favorite for sure but recently Treacherous sun stole that spot but I still Love Ethan

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL!

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Angels, yum! :)

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions and deamonds

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ Bubbles (Dane) wrote: "and deamonds"

yummer!