Vy's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Mar 10, 2011

Read from February 13 to March 10, 2011

I found interest in Delirium after I read Matched by Ally Condie. I read the sypnopsis and noticed how the two books were kind of similar and since I enjoyed reading Matched I said, "Why not read kind of the same book?". I was wrong about how I thought the book would be. Living in a world where the government doesn't just control your life, they control how you feel. This isn't just another love story, this is a tragic love story. How Lauren Oliver writes about the emotions in this book in incredible! I didn't feel overwhelmed with the whole "teen love" and actually loved how she touched the love between mother and daughter, aunt and uncle, and best friends.

Lena Holloway has been counting the days until she is "cured" and is more than just excited. All she wants is to get rid of the pain she's feeling and be normal ...until she meets Alex. I know what your thinking another "guy saves girl" story. Alex isn't just another guy, he's a guy that wakes Lena from the horrible nightmare she's in. Her whole life she thinks that her life and the world is set into stone for you. She thinks there's only one way to live, but she's wrong. There are people out there who don't believe in the system. There are others out there who live there life without fear, without having to be "cured"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.