Vy's Reviews > Demonglass

bookshelves: own-read
Recommended to Vy by: Myself
Recommended for: Readers Who Enjoyed Hex Hall
Read from March 03 to 04, 2011 , read count: 1

Demonglass is one of those books that are a light and easy read. I loved this book because of the new setting Sophie is placed in and the environment of the story. This was such an emotional roller coster. One moment I was laughing, the other I was screaming "NO! NO! Don't do it", and then the next I'm practically bawling! Well lets go back a bit...

Throughout the whole book Rachel Hawkins really sets Sophie's mood and energy in a way that I feel like I know her. She's such a strong character that really knows how to get me laughing. Example of how laughing at books is bad: it's about 1 am (on a school night) and I just start cracking up in the middle of the night! Of course I got some "shhhhh" from angry parents but it was totally worth reading it! Sophie's also a very bold person that makes decisions that readers just want to say "NO!!!". Not only are we yelling at Sophie, but some more interesting characters show up that leave you stunned. (Characters including <3 Archer Cross<3)

The book was so good that I accidentally stayed up all night and finished it without even thinking! (and no it wasn't a school night.) When I was done I was left with a "That can't be all...there has to be more!" kind of stage. The book just left me wanting more and the only reasonable thing to do at 2 am was to pick up my laptop and look for the third book.

If you haven't read Hex Hall yet I highly recommend you go read it...like now. If you've already read Hex Hall and still haven't read Demonglass I recommend you go straight to a bookstore.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demonglass.