Amy's Reviews > The Lake of Dreams

The Lake of Dreams by Kim Edwards

Jan 17, 2011

Read in January, 2011

The moment I finished The Memory Keeper’s Daughter I though “I must read everything this women writes!” and thus began the long wait for her next novel. The Lake of Dreams was well worth the wait! Edwards has once again created characters that are so life like and realistic, their reactions and motivations so believable that the reader becomes emotionally invested in the novel. Unemployed, living in Japan with boyfriend in a relationship that is beginning to show signs of wear, Lucy Jarrett is unsure of where her life is headed. After hearing of her mother’s recent accident back in her hometown in Upstate New York, Lucy decides to visit her mom in an attempt to evade the uncertainties in her life. Once she is back in her native home however she becomes involved in unfinished business from the past, including her father’s unresolved death, her first passionate love affair, as well as her discovery of a long hidden family secret. Lucy’s discoveries ultimately illuminate and influence her own life. The Lake of Dreams is a compelling and thought provoking read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lake of Dreams.