Hannah's Reviews > Eat This, Not That!: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution

Eat This, Not That! by David Zinczenko

Jan 17, 11

Read in January, 2011

This is just my opinion, mind you, but I think this book is stupid. For a few reasons:

1. They call this a "reference." Something you will look to when you are making decisions. However, it only gives you 1-3 options at each restaurant. So, what if I don't want a chicken sandwich at Carl's Jr? You won't know what else to choose. Not a very good reference if you ask me.

2. They don't explain WHY you should choose one food over the other. Yes, they give some nutritional information, but how is the average-joe supposed to understand? Or make healthy choices on foods that are not included in the book if they don't understand the WHY of healthy food?

3. This will not help people who make home cooked meals. This is for packaged/process options & restaurant/fast-food eaters. Which, to me, isn't a healthy way to eat. This book will not teach you to eat healthy; just help you with the ability to choose the better of two bads.

I did, however, enjoy reading how horrible foods are in America. For example: A Baskin-Robbins Chocolate Oreo Shake (Large) is 2600 Calories and has 135 grams of fat!!! WOWZA! (And sick....) I gave it two stars for the enjoyable gross-out factor.

Would not recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat This, Not That!.