Lydia's Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by Marley Gibson

Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: on-shelf
Read from January 17 to 18, 2011

First thing I wanna say about this novel is that I was surprised at the technology part of it. I mean, I've seen those ghost hunting shows before and they have all of that fancy technical stuff goin' on... But really, I had no idea. It was still confusing when the technology was explained in The Awakening, but honestly, Gibson really obviously knows what she's talking about.

I liked Kendall's character to some extent. There were some parts where she annoyed me, and I thought she acted kind of young. The other characters were cute and quirky and I loved the ghost hunting team Celia and Kendall formed! I thought that what these girls did was crazy... and they didn't really seem that scared, which was... weird.

Not only was there the science/technology part to ghost hunting, but there was also the religious / spiritual part of it. Loreen Woods, the town's psychic, shows Kendall the protection she needs to safely ghost hunt. It was really interesting. It really, really surprised me when Loreen prayed to God for protection and when Kendall when to the church... If I say more, I might spoil it, so for right now, my lips are sealed.

Even though this was kind of predictable, it was a quick, fun read and a great start to this series! I can't wait to read the second book, THE GUIDANCE.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.

01/18/2011 page 150