Elli's Reviews > Noah's Wife

4199685
Feb 24, 11

bookshelves: ancient-biblical-fiction
Read from February 08 to 24, 2011

-ebook. Asperger's syndrome is a very high functioning sort of autism, and the author chose to picture Noah's wife as having this. But in the long run, it was much more of a help than a hindrance. Picture a Father God and a Mother Goddess each with a bit different viewpoint on the story of Creation. then picture a snake's shedding of his old skin as an aphorism of new life. Also picture the possibility of a rather weak Adam pushing his wife into finding out some information for them, then using the information in not too bright a way. Also picture the possibility that since the middle heast was the known world in the historical tradition that so many of us grew up with, could it be possible that one of the many earthquakes at that time had a high enough intensity on the richter scale to really blow to smithereens and flood that whole world. It's a very readable book, good story, and has all the x rated qualities of the bearers of the "thou shalt not's" included along with the motivations that want you to understand why....(?). Anyhow I am going to give it four stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Noah's Wife.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill I'll look forward to your comments on this one Elli.
I've been interested in reading this for a few months, but the library doesn't have it.

Elli I've used digital libraries some. Haven't been successful in getting a good self-contained reader, but have been able to read one thing on my computer. Might that be an option?

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill Thankyou Elli. I see that Noah's Wife does come in e-format which is how I will read it. But first I'll see what you think of it.

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill I've been waiting for your review of this Elli. It certainly sounds interesting. If you'd given it an average 3-star review I may not have bothered.

So I'll be reading it as soon as I can clear some of my pile of library books.