Tere1494's Reviews > Whisper of Light

Whisper of Light by Jennifer DeLucy

Jan 20, 11

Read from January 17 to 20, 2011

I´ll start by saying hat I enjoyed this book much better than the first one. I don´t know the way things were going in the story simply made more interested in it. Maybe was also the protagonist of the book, the one that tells the story.

Nicole is a non-sentient she doesn´t have any kind of endowment and that´s why she feels like her family´s black sheep. With a father that doesn´t appreciate her at all and a sick mother she tries to deal with her life the best she can.
The book begins a little bit before the ending of the first book and after five chapters or so, we come back where we left, Christian leaving with Wendell´s group. The first time Nichole sees Christian she mumbles and the thing gets a little awkward. So the time passes and they fall in love, but she thinks she´s just a rebound and the things go back to the way they started.
This book was honestly better for me that the first one, and making comparisons I think Nichole is even stronger than Lily, because she had to fight and defend herself without any kind of power and that took guts, and Christian, well I definitely love him.
There´s not too much action in this book as it was in the first, but still is amazing. A topic that´s also very present is the nature, how Nichole living near to a beach, sees how dangerous people can be with the environment. And I have to admit that this book took some tears of me. I´d love it and I can´t wait to read the third one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whisper of Light.

01/17/2011 page 51