Jason's Reviews > Nightmare

Nightmare by Robin Parrish

Jan 17, 11

bookshelves: read-2011, e-books
Read from January 16 to 17, 2011

This easily could have been 4 stars or better, but otherwise is a good horror novel. This is a ghost story that has a lot of good things going for it. It is well written, tight, and suspenseful. Parrish does a nice job of bringing some back story into this one as the plot line moves forward. The story is about a young woman who happens to be the daughter of famous TV ghost hunters, being hired to show a friend the paranormal. It is very interesting that the haunted places that are talked about through out this story and that are key to the plot, are in fact real life places, all of which contain their own ghost stories. The story is fast paced and not long in length. My only real complaint about this one is that I really never became invested in any of the characters. Nightmare would make a great teen horror movie where the audience would be routing for the kids to be killed. I really believe that great horror can only be achieved by first having the audience care about and be invested in the protagonists. Without this, the level of suspense, terror, and scares are dramatically reduced. I will definitely be looking up more work from Robin Parrish and do recommend this one for horror lovers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightmare.