Literary's Reviews > Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country

Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country by Allan Richard Shickman

Feb 06, 11

Read from February 03 to 05, 2011

This is the sequel to Allan Richard Shickman's book Zan-Gah: A Prehistoric Adventure. I received this from the author's publicist for review.

To be honest, I enjoyed this sequel much more than the first book. The strained relationship between the twins created a source of tension and sense of expectation from the start. I was eager to see what would become of the twins - Would they find resolution? Would Dael become the brother Zan remembered? The journey to those answers was eventful and strange with the end result being inevitable.

In the first book, the main focus was on Zan and his becoming a man with growing popularity. Even though we still "heard" from Zan in this book, the main focus was on Dael; Dael with his roiling emotions, unstable mental condition and lust for blood.

Without giving any spoilers away, I will say that Dael's unsettled spirit will get him into quite a few situations he didn't have to be in. Because he was so blood-thirsty, he almost couldn't control his own self. His followers even became wary of him after awhile ... until one incident converted them completely to Dael's control and powerful magnetism.

Overall, this book is still mainly written with boys in mind, ages 11 to 14, but I believe there are some girls that would enjoy this as well. The dynamics within are wonderfully written and will keep the reader intrigued until the last page ... at which time you'll wonder whether there's a third book in the works ... ??? Perhaps Zan-Gah and the Red People? =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country.

02/03/2011 page 6