Naima's Reviews > Not For Sale

Not For Sale by Sandra Marton

Jan 20, 11

Read from January 16 to 18, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Basically the conundrum that faces all but the end of “Not for Sale” is whether or not the object of H’s lust, sells herself along side selling her Russian translating skills. The H is a Brazilian uber-tycoon who has an important business dinner with a Russian tycoon and his wife, a plastyque hussy who wants the H. As the book opens the H has broken up with his Finnish model mistress and consequently needs to find a date for the night, who can both translate Russian for him, and be attractive enough to pose as his mistress.

Enter the h. Russian master’s student by day, greasy spoon waitress by night.

All would have been well between the H/h, except that there is some confusion about whether or not the h is actually a student/escort instead of the student/waitress she claims to be. And quite predictably, the H has issues with love, commitment, women and relationships because of a traumatic, impoverished childhood where numerous adults abandoned him.

For me the big let down in the book was that I actually preferred the student/escort to the student/waitress. The escort was feisty and manipulative and I thought she would compliment the H who is a bit of a tool and doesn’t like to share his or Mother Nature’s toys. I thought Sandra Marton was going to deviate from the current HP oeuvre with this h. So I was imaginably disappointed when the actual h was introduced. She was nice but the most interesting thing about her is her cat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Not For Sale.