Zuleika's Reviews > Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard

Jan 16, 11

it was ok
bookshelves: did-not-finish, romantic-suspense

Couldn’t finish because I couldn’t get over how not realistic the premise was (yes, even for fiction). I highly doubt four drunken women saying that they would like their perfect man to have a big slong would be controversial enough to actually be shown on the news. I also thought it was weird how every woman found this list to be super hilarious and were constantly ‘you go girl’-ing and all the men were offended and grumpy. If someone tells me their requirement for a perfect partner is a big one, I can honestly say I don’t give a shit (unless it’s, like, my mom. Then: ew) and I know my brother would say the same.

Also, didn’t really like how fast the romance was going. In the first 50 pages it went from extreme hatred to grudgingly respect to chitchat to “I can’t wait to get you naked and I’m comfortable telling you that”. Even though you know these two are going to hookup and fall madly in love I would have liked to have seen more tension between them and the hatred-grudgingly respect part more drawn out. It was just weird how Sam went from grumpy glaring guy to flirtatious playful naked guy in a couple of pages
Though I choose not to finish this book I don’t think it’s a bad book. It’s just not my cup of tea. Read if you like crime/murder mysteries, but prefer chicklit with your suspense.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Perfect.