Mti Librarian's Reviews > Hercule Poirot's Casebook

Hercule Poirot's Casebook by Agatha Christie

This is an excellent collection of all of Agatha Christie's short stories featuring her most famous character the Belgian (not French!) private detective Hercule Poirot. In about 2006 I started a challenge to read all of the books written by Agatha Christie. I just finished it in Sept of 2010 and found it very fascinating to discover the depth and breath of her writing. Incidentally, this is also a former library book that I had to pay for after dropping it into the bath tub, but it was worth every penny.

"One must not so replenish the stomach that the brain refuses to function." - Hercule Poirot, The Market Basing Mystery

"In the little grey cells of the brain lies the solution of every mystery" -HP, The King of Clubs

The stories in this book were not arranged chronologically. For example, the last story, The Double Clue, takes place a good twenty years before The Capture of Cerberus which occurs in the middle of the book.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hercule Poirot's Casebook.