Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Lady Be Good

Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Sep 28, 11

bookshelves: buddy-or-group-read, reviewed-2011, lit-for-the-chicks, romance-contemp
Recommended for: contemporary romance fans I guess...
Read from September 25 to 29, 2011, read count: 1

My first thought on Kenny: is this guy for real?? I thought nah it can’t be! And then this happened:

[the woman is holding two kids in her arms]
He mentally redressed her in a tight top, short skirt, and a pair of stiletto heels, then added black fishnet stockings for good measure. He’d never paid for sex in his life, but he decided he’d be more than happy to throw a little extra cash her way if she ever decided she needed to earn something on the side to pay for her kids’ orthodontics work.

This literally left me gaping… I mean I hate kids and all but this guy is exaggerated. Am I going to burn in hell for laughing at this? I just can’t help myself.

I’m going to pick even more on Kenny. *evil grin* Check this quote out:
He’d been maneuvering women all his adult life, and he’d never yet let one of them forget her proper place. Right underneath him.

Eeeeh? Do you love him now?? Oh my dear Kenny we’ll get along just fine. You tied up to a poll and me exercising some baseball bat swings on you. Good times. I lost count of the amount of facepalms I’ve used regarding him and his brilliant mind. Double the sarcasm there, just in case. BUT (there’s a big but in here) since Kenny hates Dallie, I guess that makes him on my side right? I think I’m getting to like this guy.

Emma and Kenny have perf-*Latino tune playing in the background* Ugh I can’t say the words anymore without thinking of Latino teens. But here goes. They have perfect chemistry *Latino tune playing in the background* Could someone please turn that damn tune off!!
“Now this is where I draw the line! It’s bad enough everybody in town’s going to be thinkin’ I’m sleeping with a depressed, lice-ridden, hemorrhoidal foreigner who likes to be tied up and might be pregnant, although—since she’s just about cornered the market on condoms—I don’t know how that could have happened. But I will not —you listen to me, Emma!—I absolutely will not have anybody thinkin’ a woman of mine needs a vaginal moisturizer , do you hear me?”

What did I tell you? Perfect chem- *Latino tune playing in the background*

*gets shotgun and shoots musician in the head*

Alrighty then I’m glad that’s over… Let’s get back to our characters! Hmmmm who else? I love Dex. Simply adore him! He totally stole the spotlight from Kenny. Beddington is a sonofabitch. Hated his guts and hated Emma for taking sh*t from him. I’d just kick him where it hurts the most and throw him in a river. Hope that he would drown or something.

And Ted...

Well, what’s the easiest way to say this? MINE!!!

I ADORE Susan Elizabeth Phillips and think her books are the best in the contemporary romance genre. At least for what I’ve read so far. The story is hilarious! Grab it and spank read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Be Good.

09/25/2011 page 9
2.0% "Oh how I hate kids" 4 comments
09/26/2011
18.0% "So far I hate Kenny and find Emma too naive for her own good." 2 comments
09/26/2011
24.0% "That's a nice tattoo you've got there Miz Emma!" 3 comments
09/27/2011
55.0% "Thinking about it... Kenny is pretty cute" 11 comments
09/27/2011
90.0% ""Beastly game." lol" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dija LOL, awesome review! But you're gonna have to go through me to get to Teddy!!

Anzu The Great Destroyer I'll get through everyone to get this teddy bear!

message 3: by Mademoiselle (new)

Mademoiselle Charlotte Ahh!!I lovelovelove your review!Royally awesome stuff:D