Sofia's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour

bookshelves: graphic-novels
Recommended for: 20-somethings
Read on January 16, 2011

Posted on my book blog.

The sixth and final installment of the Scott Pilgrim story feels quite a bit different from the rest of the volumes, in terms of the artwork, pacing, dialogues, and just the overall ambiance. It's not that it's bad - it just feels rather strange and a bit rushed.

Still, it's a great ending for a great series. It's a rather bittersweet coming of age for the all these 20-somethings, and a very honest, believable one at that. We get closure on most of the characters and relationships. Granted, a few of them don't make a lot of sense, and there are a few motivations and situations that don't really get an explanation (cryogenically frozen girlfriends?), and Gideon's character wasn't as evil or douchy as I thought he would be, but still, I liked how everyone understood things a bit better, even if they didn't exactly change.

Sorry for being cryptic, but I don't want to spoil all the surprises. :)

I loved the cat, and the memory cams. Also, some of the dialogues were spot on. A few examples:

- I don't think I'm ready to be a grown-up.
- I don't think you are either, buddy. But hey, you'll get it. It just takes practice.

- You know, you're right. Part of me does still belong to you. But the other parts of me... Are finished with you!

I wholeheartedly recommend this series!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour.