Patrick's Reviews > Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

Crazy Love by Francis Chan

Apr 03, 2011

bookshelves: christianity-devotional
Read from January 15 to April 03, 2011

This sort of book--the kind that tells us we need to wake up and be better Christians--tends to be written by old white guys. Here Francis Chan has an advantage, being hip, relatively young, and from California--not to mention a bald Asian guy with a goatee (thus not the stereotypical preacher). And from all I know about him, he backs up his books with the way he actually lives his life. This book is seething with a sincerity that makes one much more open to Chan's critique of typical self-centered Americanism (not that we're the only ones with that problem, of course). Chan's devotion, communication skills, and Biblically-centered theology have made him one of the most effective spokesmen for Christianity today, and I hope the same will remain true for many years. Read this book if you want to rethink your life (and don't read it if you don't).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Love.

Quotes Patrick Liked

Francis Chan
“But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.”
Francis Chan, Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God