Lady Darcie's Reviews > How to Woo a Reluctant Lady

bookshelves: historical-romance, favorites
Recommended to Lady Darcie by: The Hellions of Hallstead Hall #2
Recommended for: romance lovers
Read from January 18 to 20, 2011, read count: 1

Minerva Sharpe has come up with a brillent plan. She will pretend to be ingaged to Rake and when her grandmother finds out she will let Minerva out of the deal (the very one that her brothers swore to never fall into, The one that says every sibling need to marry in order to get their inheritance)
Minerva set up her plan an interveiw for a husband, expecting alot of males Minerva awaits only to find the one male she never thought would see her as a women and the one man who broker her heart 19 years ago would ask for her hand standing in the doorway stating that he wanted to marry her.
Giles Masters was ready stop the life of spying and concintrate on being a barrister and taking Miverva Sharpe as his wife, he never thought that it would takes some effort into winner her hand. So he makes a deal with her, he will pretend to be her finace and she will stop writing about him in her stories... what they don't know is that this will lead them down a road that they never thought to be on.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Woo a Reluctant Lady.

Quotes Lady Darcie Liked

Sabrina Jeffries
“I always say that love is like the meat in a pie,” Freddy put in. “The crust is what people see—the practical things that hold a couple together. But love is the important part—without it you’ve got a meatless pie, and what’s the point of that?”
“Why, Freddy,” Minerva said, “that was almost profound.”

Sabrina Jeffries
“I love you, Minerva. I love that you believe in me no matter what. I love how you take whatever you see and distill it into your books. I love your clever mind and your generous heart and every inch of your beautiful body. I love you even when you give me heart failure, by risking your life before my very eyes." He smiled tenderly. "I only hope in time I can prove worthy of your love.”

Sabrina Jeffries
“If you never put your life in someone else's hands, then you can't really expect them to put theirs in yours. In the long run, never trusting anyone is a hard way to live.”

01/19/2011 page 224