Iris Blobel's Reviews > Virals

Virals by Kathy Reichs

Feb 10, 11

Read from January 15 to February 06, 2011

First of all - this was my first Kathy Reichs' book and no, I'm one of the few not watching the series "Bones" - though due to lack of time than anything else.

I've got to say it took me a very long time until I got into the story, though once the group made their discovery on the island I was hooked! My second – and slightly smaller – problem was that I had to constantly remind myself I was not the target group for this book, it is definately aimed at a much younger reader.

As I’m writing this I haven’t really decided, yet, how to rate the story. I really liked the story, it had twists and turns, information and surprises that kept me glued to it. The main problem I had though was the protagonist only being 14 and in my opinion too “young” for solving the murder with her equally, but not quite as young group of three boys. It just didn’t sit well with me and in a way was unbelievable.

So the story is about Tory Brennan, the niece of “Bones” Temperance Brennan, and her three friends making a discovery on an island which leads to a murder investigation – a murder that happened a few decades ago, as well as the “rescue” of a wolf/dog out of a laboratory which was used for a science project. That has consequences for the group as well, not only the legal side of it!

Overall a reasonably good read, probably more enjoyable for the “younger ones” or the truly dedicated Kathy Reichs fans !

So in the end I settled with 3 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Virals.

02/03/2011 page 215